Kirdford Bonfire Night - Cancelled
It has been decided by the Parish Council to cancel this year's Bonfire Night due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The matter was discussed in the September Parish Council Meeting. As the Parish Council cannot control the numbers of those attending or enforce social distancing, it was decided to cancel this year's event.
Please be aware that residents should not put their combustible waste on Butts Common this year, if you do so it will be considered fly-tipping and you may be prosecuted.
We expect to resume the Bonfire Night next year.
Drainage- The Parish Council has recently completed a considerable amount of drainage works within the parish funded from the West Sussex County Council Community Flood Fund. In the near future it will be working with the Environment Agency on flood prevention works from the River Kird. However, landowners have the main responsibility for safeguarding their land and nearby property against flooding and blocked drains. West Sussex County Council is only responsible for highways drains and culverts under roads.
· Apply online at www.westsussex.gov.uk/
· Applications can be made between 7 October 2019 and 15 January 2020
· Special rules apply for house movers until 15 February 2020
· Further information for parents is available on our website now
· Staff are available to support on 03330 142 903