Kirdford Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2020
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement Tuesday 21st July 2020 (a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Kirdford Parish Council Clerk
PO Box 437, Kirdford, Billingshurst, West Sussex. RH14 4DE
commencing on. Wednesday 22 July 2020
and ending on Tuesday 2 September 2020
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore (Ref RD/hd)
Rutland House, Minerva Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough
5. This announcement is made by Lynne Brooks RFO Kirdford Parish Council
NP Review 2019
Kirdford NP Review 2018
Kirdford Parish Housing Survey 2018
Drainage - The Parish Council has recently completed a considerable amount of drainage works within the parish funded from the West Sussex County Council Community Flood Fund. In the near future it will be working with the Environment Agency on flood prevention works from the River Kird. However, landowners have the main responsibility for safeguarding their land and nearby property against flooding and blocked drains. West Sussex County Council is only responsible for highways drains and culverts under roads.
· Apply online at www.westsussex.gov.uk/admissions
· Applications can be made between 7 October 2019 and 15 January 2020
· Special rules apply for house movers until 15 February 2020
· Further information for parents is available on our website now
· Staff are available to support on 03330 142 903
Some useful links related to Kirdford.